Debit card scamming and debugging of credit and debit card PINs have been on the agenda lately. These are just a few examples of payment card crime. In addition, news about the risks of online shopping has raised questions about secure online shopping and payment methods.
What Is Debit Card Skipping?
Good Finance debit card is a payment card data copying its simplicity.
The criminals install a so-called skimmer in the machine that copies the information on the card. Skimming comes from the English word skimming, which means copying a magnetic tape.
Skimmers are installed especially in cash dispensers, and now in Finland especially for unmanned gas stations. Good Finance is a professional criminal activity in Eastern and Southeastern Europe, and now also in Finland.
What other ways are payment cards misused?
The four most common types of misuse of payment cards (including credit cards, debit cards, debit cards, and ATMs) are:
- Pinching the PIN when you use the machine at the back, after which the customer is confused and the payment card is stolen. The debit card is then used to withdraw cash from an ATM.
- The above-mentioned copying or Good Finance magnetic stripes EVENT card at ATMs – by copying bank cards from those designed to raise the cash, or use the card details on the internet.
- Malware attempts to trickle down payment card numbers and identification information on the Internet. Credit cards are then used to order goods that are easy to convert into cash, or airline tickets, for example.
- The copied card information is added to the genuine-looking credit card counterfeit, which is then used to make purchases in stores.
How to use debit card abuse? Watch the video for tips
Payment card crime has been on the rise for quite some time and is therefore increasingly important to take good care of your payment card. Watch our video on how to secure a debit card – make sure you know at least these tips!
Tips for protecting your payment card
- Use the land limit on the card. You can set up your card in Netbank only in Finland
- Set a withdrawal limit in Netbank.
- Keep your passcode carefully, never store it near the card.
- Protect your pin with your hand as you enter the code.
- Shop securely online – Shop only from well-known sites.
- Monitor card events regularly. Often, criminals raise only small, unobtrusive sums at a time.
If you find something strange at the vending machine, contact the emergency number on the vending machine.
What is the Best, or Safest Credit Card?
If you do not already have a credit card or are considering purchasing one, we recommend that you carefully compare the options available on the market before making a purchase. You can compare all credit cards in our comparison, for example:
In our credit card comparison, you can easily find the best credit card for you. A lot of travelers may be interested in airports and travel insurance, which are combined with, for example, the Norwegian Bank credit card.